Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It doesn't get much better than this!

Today, when I was coming home from a baby shower, I passed a church. A sign on the wall of the church read:

Not sure if God loves you?
Easter nails it.


Just a little bit of Christian humour for you all.

Today High School Musical 3 became available for rent at all video stores. I hope that you didn’t know this fact, because High School Musical (often abbreviated to HSM) fans may not feel welcome here. Having said that, everyone is welcome to visit my blog (whether you feel welcome or not is something else.) My little sister reserved a copy at our local video store... and then decided to reserve it at another video store “just in case.” After spending $5 of my money on renting the aforementioned DVD, I thought that perhaps my sister would be somewhat happy. However, we went to the supermarket and she stumbled across a For-Sale copy which she insisted on buying.

Mum: We’ll get it for your birthday.

Sister: But my birthday is ages away!

Mum: Just not today then, your dad is really against High School Musical, every time you bring home merchandise he gets annoyed. You’re obsessed with it.

Sister: I’m not that obsessed with it.

Me: how can you be “not that obsessed” with something?

Mum: Only a little bit dead!

You should be aware of just how fanatic my sister is about this film. It’s like a bomb went off in her bedroom, not just any bomb, a High School Musical bomb. The reason I bring this stereotypical-cheesy-teenager film up is because, on the back of the DVD in the special effects section, it says:

HSM3 Bloopers – get ready to LOL with the cast!

It amused me. At the moment my sister is playing the film over and over again... it's moments like these you wonder why the back cover of the DVD says "it doesn't get much better than this!" and not "it doesn't get much worse than playing-this-film-several-times-in-a-row!" Now I just have to work on getting "I want it all" out of my head..... I hope very much that you don't know what I meant by that.

2 comments:

Gelati Gecko said...

Hahahahahaha, they used "lol"...my my, aren't we hip and with the youth. I've seen bits of it on TV, enough to make me suspect that there's probably more wrong with me than the show...given that when watching I was just desperately wishing for something MA15+ to happen to blow their teeny boppy facade apart. Ah well, I guess I'm just not "with it".

*adjusts tuning dial of ABC Classic FM

Luna Moony said...

haha, I think there's a part of every High School Musical viewer that wants something MA to happen.... or else it's just us.