Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lonely Heart

The other day I came home by train from my friend’s birthday party. It was later than 6.30pm and I was alone. I would have been fairly scared, if it wasn’t for the novelty that I was reading Harry Potter whilst waiting for a train on a bench in the middle of platforms 9 and 10. Anyway, when I got home there was an unexpected email awaiting me in my junk mail folder. The subject was titled ‘Lonely Heart’:

Privet, my dear friend!
Do you love me because I am beautiful or am I beautiful because I am loved?
I'm an affectionate, tender, kind, romantic woman; enjoy cooking, home cosiness, active rest. I have a lot to give to the right man - serious, caring, who needs a good relationship. I am looking for someone easy going with a great sense of humour and ability to laugh at life and love it. I believe in physical attraction and intellectual connection and mutual trust. I am looking for a man who is refined in his manners, intellectual, cultured, ready to please his lady, responsible for his family and generous. I can respect a man only if he follows his words. I am looking for a man who can take care of me and find a good solution in a stressful situation.
Have a good mood
Mari

I suggested to my new friend Mari that she try emailing men instead of 18 year old girls like myself before clicking on the website she had left me: http://love-and-talks.com/sweetkiss/
It says:

Maria K.
Age 28 years

oldAge range of man: 25-50 y.o.
My Languages: Russian, Engish, French
I would like to meet an attractive man, witha good sense of humour. I think that honestyand decency are very important qualities. Iwould like to find an active and optimisticperson, who enjoys his life, who never giveup. A man of my dream is intelligent, nice andfriendly, he behaves like a gentlemen andtreats people with respect. I also think thata man should possess such a quality as loyalty.I would like to meet an understanding person.and of course my ideal man is a reliable one..

I figure ‘Engish’ isn’t her first language, so I won’t make fun of her wishing me to ‘have a good mood.’ What I want to know is why a 28 year old ‘affectionate, tender, kind, romantic woman’ who (if you go to her site) is actually very pretty, has come to a point where she has to advertise herself on the internet in order to find the ‘man of [her] dream.’ So then I thought maybe she’s just really pedantic and turns everyone down…. perhaps she is waiting for someone who fills all of the requirements she mentioned. It’s probably just me, but if you’re so desperate to find love that you email complete strangers hoping to get something out of it, then why can’t she go out into the street and strike up a conversation with someone. I think that people who do things like internet speed dating just need to go out into the world and live some more.

1 comment:

Peter said...

yeh she is prety.....