Monday, July 8, 2013

Post #2

Wow I'm failing this challenge drastically. Oh well. I guess I just have to catch up and write a few extra posts over the next few weeks. 12 posts will be written these holidays! 

Anyway, here's a story I just wrote. I didn't write it for this blog but then I figured I may as well post it since I'm behind in post counts and must start redeeming myself. Also, I haven't gotten around to writing the stories some people gave me a place, character and scenario for on Facebook cos I've been busy and stuff and didn't want to. But I will. Here's a different story while you wait: 


Standing in the middle of a large open field surrounded by warm air and the smell of daises. A boy takes her hand and kisses her on the forehead. They chase each other playfully across the field until they run out of breath and collapse to the grassy ground beside each other. They talk happily for hours and then she says “of all the days, this one’s my favourite” and he rolls over onto his side to look at her and as she meets his gaze he says, “I hope tomorrow is just like today.”

“Are you okay?”

She blinks herself back to reality. The rain is bucketing down on the bus window and inside it’s overheated and crowded with other school girls. She looks away from the window and to the boy sitting next to her, he looks concerned, this puzzles her and she wonders why there is a boy on her school bus. He raises his eyebrows as if to prompt her to say something and when she doesn’t he says again, “are you okay?” She has to force herself to look away from his bright green eyes which stare at her, waiting, so that an answer to his question can form in her mind. She doesn’t quite understand why he even asked her if she's okay since she feels completely fine.

“I’m fine,” she says looking back at him with a small smile. He frowns as if he doesn’t believe her but then shrugs his shoulder slightly and smiles,
“Oh okay. It’s just you looked a little upset about something,” he tells her and continues to look at her, still a bit concerned, waiting for more reassurance.
Feeling slightly embarrassed for getting herself so deeply lost in thought she awkwardly mutters, “Oh. No, I’m fine. Really. I was just daydreaming.” He laughs a little and this pleasantly surprises her. He says,
“That must have been a pretty horrible daydream,” she looks at him confused and so he says again, “you looked pretty upset.” He smiles at her kindly and her heart starts to flutter, she wonders again why he’s even on the bus.
“It wasn’t horrible,” she says, “I guess I just look upset when I’m lost in thought.” This time he seems to believe she’s fine but continues to stare at her in puzzlement as if she fascinates or maybe even intrigues him. She looks down at her stockings and fiddles with her dress hoping that he’ll get off the bus soon but simultaneously hoping that he never leaves.

The bus stops and she feels him stand up from the seat beside her, she looks up at him and bracing himself to step out into the bitter cold rain he says, “I hope tomorrow isn’t like today.” 

1 comment:

Foxiimox said...

Nice twist at the end :)