Monday, November 17, 2008

Kordail

Well, my exams are over now. You can expect to see more than one blog a week again. Firstly, it appears my word game has shrivelled up, gone into hibernation or taken a trip to Paris because no one’s added a word in ages.
Maybe it’s because it’s no longer on the main page of my blog, and now you need to click September and then Word Game to play it. Or possibly because people have been busy with exams. It could also be because you’re all over the word game.... but I prefer the first two options.

Weekly Helpful Hint: if you like Emma Watson, then watch the movie Ballet Shoes.

I’m really tired now- I had drama all day yesterday- so this is going to be a pathetically miniature post, pretty much just letting you all know I’m alive, because I don’t have the energy to write much more than that. In fact it’s so small, I’ve decided to just combine it with the next segment of my story ‘The End of Time.’




Lilette was obviously overreacting. Creatures – no matter how green or wrinkly they may be – who dance and drink punch, generally aren’t sinister. And so, after a few seconds of being petrified, Lilette concluded that nothing was going to happen and that she had merely overreacted.

The jazzy music resumed playing, it was only then that Lilette realised it must have stopped when she knocked the punch table. The red and yellow lanterns were beginning to flicker gently in the breeze, creating a romantic feel to the not so romantic situation.

The unsightly dancing couple continued to stare at Lilette, there intentions and thoughts were unclear and they appeared to be emotionless. The shorter of the two seemed to whisper something to the other, before returning to the wooden dance floor to continue dancing. Lilette swallowed hard, as she tried to convince herself that the lingering creature was harmless.

“Hello. I’m Kordail” he spoke in a deep musical voice, that made Lilette want to cry with joy. Now that she had heard him speak, it was clear he was a male. Although his voice emitted the most wonderful sound Lilette had ever heard, his appearance still disturbed her greatly and she felt uneasy in his presence.

“I’m sorry if we scared you” he apologised, his musical tone sounded honestly in the need of Lilette’s forgiveness “I understand... I would be scared of me too.” He added, full of shame and self belittlement “but. Perhaps. If you can find the will power to see me for who I really am, then we could be friends?” he proposed eagerly.

Lilette now had two choices. She could either run off into the woods, and never see the boy again. Or she could make a new friend.

“I’m Lilette” she said, still not making eye contact “I’m sorry I overreacted, you’re not that scary” she lied, trying to make amends for her earlier instinctive reactions.
“I’m not that scary? But you cannot bring yourself to look at me” Kordail said, more to himself than to Lilette, his anger and sorrow were aimed only to himself, there was nothing to suggest that he blamed Lilette for the way she felt. She couldn’t bear listening to him deject himself in such ways.

And so she looked at him. Properly this time. She looked right into his eyes, something she had failed to do up until now. At first they were blue, and as normal looking as any other eyes Lilette had ever seen. She was somewhat amazed that this wrinkly green creature could have such normal eyes. And so she stared at them. While fulfilling her intriguement she hoped that this would take away some of Kordail’s self hate.

As she continued to gaze mindlessly into his eyes, all the negative thoughts and fears in her system inexplicably vanished and she felt a warm sensation radiate through her entire body.

She looked deeper into his eyes and began to see all the events in her life that had ever made her happy, she saw herself laughing with Mielou, licking a lolly as a child, spinning around in circles, talking to Ash, watching the sun set and making pancakes with her mum all at the same time.

She watched as everything positive in her life played before her very eyes, in someone else’s eyes. She could think of nothing else except for complete joy, she forgot where she was. There was a wall between her and all negative thoughts, nothing could penetrate this wall, she didn’t even think about it.

It could have been years, seconds or a lifetime when Lilette blinked and broke the blissful life playback. “Wow” she exhaled, finding herself low on air, like she’d been holding her breath.

“What was that?” she questioned fascinated.
“You’ve heard of Fairies having powers, have you not? This is the power of Pixies” Kordail uttered proudly, in his deep musical tone that Lilette couldn’t get over.
“You’re a... Pixie?” Lilette had never heard of such things before.
“I am indeed. My name is Kordail, and I would like to be your friend” he put the proposal of friendship out into the open for the second time that evening.

Lilette was suddenly aware of time again, and began to remember the events that occurred seconds before she saw her whole life flash before her. She remembered wanting to run away last time he had asked to be friends, now she was honoured that such a wonderful creature would want to be friends with her.
“I’m Lilette” she informed him.... again.
“Yes, I think I recall you telling me that” he teased “I only told you my name again, because I thought you might be able to see me differently now. I thought I might be a new person through your eyes and felt we needed a fresh start” he said as if there should be no doubt that he was correct.

Lilette couldn’t argue with what he had said, it was completely true. But she felt bad that it took her so long to be able to see him for who he was, and not for what he looked like.
“I only told you my name again, because I used to be blind and now I can see.” She said, hoping not to sound to cliché, but at the same time undo the effects of her first impressions reactions.
“Does this mean we can be friends?” he sang hopefully.
Just as Lilette was about to say something along the lines of ‘yes, offcourse this means we can be friends’ she was unexpectedly grabbed by the wrist and pulled away from Kordail.

“We have to get out of here!” yelled Mielou tugging Lilette by the wrist “What hideous creatures! I can’t believe you brought us here, Ash!” she pulled Lilette along, Ash ran beside them. Lilette wanted to put up a fight but found herself incapable of defying Mielou, she wanted very much to talk to Kordail some more, but she allowed Mielou to pull her further and further away from the party. They were soon ages away.

“Mielou!?” cried Lilette, releasing herself from Mielou’s grasp. They stopped running and faced each other. “I didn’t want to leave!” she yelled, but made no attempt at going back. She concluded now that it was Mielou’s supernatural persuasive powers that had prevented Lilette from trying to break away before.
“Did you see those creatures Lilette!?” Mielou shouted back, a look of fear still enveloped her face.
“They’re completely harmless, Mie. Do you really think I would put you in danger?” Ash said with a calm annoyance.
“He’s right, Mie. They’re really nice. I don’t think they’d ever hurt us.” Lilette agreed, trying to reassure and comfort Mielou.
“Did any of you see them!? Mielou bellowed, tears now streaming down her cheeks “or are you all blind!?”
“You’re the blind one” Ash murmured through his teeth, and flew off into the night.

Mielou collapsed to the grassy ground, and sobbed loudly into her hands. Lilette sat down and put an arm around her friend, but Mielou pushed her away.
“Leave me alone” Mielou hissed bitterly. Lilette stood up and slowly backed away, she had no idea where they were, and it was still the middle of the night. So she walked over to a not so distant tree, and sat down. Hopefully all would be well by morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wendsday?
time?
meet outside library?
???

Unknown said...

Some are made of leather and some are made of canvas, but the most important thing about a good pair of Ballet shoes
is that the sole remains thin and flexible, because people have to dance in them, and it's really hard to dance properly in shoes that don't have a thin and flexible sole. This is why the soles of ballet shoes are thin and flexible.

Luna Moony said...

Hey Andrew.
I can't do anything anymore, sorry, it's my friends birthday and she's just decided to have a party.

Hey, someone's advertised on my blog! I'm not sure if I should take this as a good thing or not.