Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Luna's List of Things That DON'T Suck:

  • The smell of incense.
  • When a stranger tells you that your jeans are "lovely and original."
  • When a stranger says "did you make those jeans yourself?" and you say "no, I didn't" leaving out the fact that you got them from Target.
  • Going on adventures.
  • The vibration between your fingers and rubber banisters.
  • When you get a better mark for a test than you expected.
  • Jason Mraz (I'm sure there are many other people in the world you don't suck, but he makes it to the list.)
  • If you're reading this (which I can only pressume you're doing at this very moment), then you'll be delighted to know that you're apart of the list!
  • Watching things grow (which doesn't mean sitting on the veranda and watching your front lawn for hours on end.)
  • Watching Berocca's fizzle away in a glass of water.
  • Running about in the rain.
  • Looking at the world from a great height.
  • Dolphin tooth pick holders (perhaps I'll explain why they "don't suck" if you ask me.)
  • Spending so long reading one book that you become fully immersed in its world (doesn't work as well when you speed read.)
  • When you make a really big mistake and everyone forgives you (obviously, it would suck even less if you didn't make the big mistake in the first place.)
  • Waterfalls.
  • Mazes.
  • Pineapple juice.
  • Life.
  • Laughing attacks.
  • Tom and Jerry.
  • Eating lunch in the science stairwell.
  • Soft drinks that have lost their fizz.
  • Throwing water bombs.
  • Flower covered meadows.
  • Fruit Tingles.
  • The number 736 (one day you will learn how great this number is.)
  • Swings.
  • When someone agrees with you on something you never thought anyone would agree with you on (don't mind the tongue twister of a sentence.)
  • Running very fast (for short distances at a time.)
  • Skipping when everyone else is walking.
  • Riding on the back of golf buggies.
  • Long plane journey's (give you an excuse to watch several films in a row.)
  • Stopping at petrol stations during long car rides.
  • Stopping in at random little towns and villages.
  • Going to Disney Land on a day where barely anyone's there.
  • Rolling down hills.
  • I almost forgot to add Furbys to my list... while I'm at it I should add walking along train tracks in the country.

OK, that will do for now. I suppose it's rather sad that my "Things That Suck" list was so much longer...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another excellent list, Luna. I particularly agreed with the rolling down hills, running in the rain, laughing attacks and visiting small towns.

Lieutenant Furby passes his greetings (he passed away from consumption, I'm afraid, so now he's down here with me), but wonders whether you are forgetting to mention something else on your list.

Luna Moony said...

I find it funny to imagine you, Satan, rolling down hills and running in rain. It also amuses me that people read my blog in hell, surely it isn't that bad?
Say hi to Lieutenant Furby for me, tell him I'm adding Furbys to the list right now.