Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Julie and Luna

I was watching the film ‘Julie and Julia’ (or is it ‘Julia and Julie’?) the other day, and realised that Julie is just like me. Ok, I only watched the first half (I can’t go against the magical force which is my bed time), so let’s pretend for the purpose of this blog that the second half of the film doesn’t exist (she could, after all, become a serial killer or something of the sort.)

1. She has a blog... so do I.

2. She writes on her blog very frequently, maybe several times a day..... we can pretend that’s true of me.

3. She is cooking her way through a famous chefs cook book and blogging about it..... I am moving my way through my own life and on rare occasion’s blogging about it.

4. She can cook.... this is the part where I say “I can’t cook”, but that isn’t true, I just don’t cook very often which makes me inexperienced and not the best of cooks (which I’m sure would be the same for Julie, had she not made the decision to love cooking and therefore do it regularly.)

5. Julie has readers who send her gifts and money, she is greatly loved by those who follow her blog...... I’m sure it would be much the same for me if I had my address on here, and a paypal system for all of you to send me money.

6. I don’t like eggs.... neither does Julie (until, of course, she tries an egg for the first time and falls in love with them.)

7. Julie caught the train in one or two shots of the film.... I have caught the train before.

8. Many people read her blog and she is overwhelmed with comments.... my time will come.

As you can see, we’re practically soul mates. The only difference between me and Julie is that she is very busy with her job, meeting friends and cooking her way through a cookbook..... I am sitting at home playing cards by myself (although, I must admit, the delight of beating myself is just wonderful.) I guess I’ll have to patiently wait until mid/late December when I catch a train all the way to NSW to meet James Johnston, that’ll be fun.

1 comment:

Gelati Gecko said...

I am seeing the similarities most clearly.