Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentines Day- Part 1

The air was still and the sun beat heavily down upon the rain-hungry plants beyond the window as Juniper Downington listened to 'you're nobody until somebody loves you' blast through her speakers. A small stream of water trickled down her cheek, she tried to blink more tears from her eyes, but in all honesty, she just wasn't as upset as she thought she was.
Juniper dramatically pulled the plug of her CD player, as if the music was just too much for her to handle. A deafening silence filled the room. A bird whistled outside.
She picked up a pen in her forcefully shaking hand, sat down at her desk and began to write:

Dea-

She crossed it out, screwed up the paper and began again on a fresh piece.

To Nicholas,

She read the words over and over again. They just weren't right. She picked up a new bit of paper.

Hey Nicholas,

No. No. Completely off. Straight in the bin. She considered these first crucial words until she came to

Dear Nicholas,

Perfect. She quickly continued:

You don't know me very well, but I sit two seats behind you in English. You may not even remember who I am, we haven't really talked. You might recall that one day we were paired up together for a grammar exercise? But then again you probably wouldn't remember that because you were texting the whole time. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I like you and was wondering if you wanted to be my Valentine?
Love June.

She read the note several times over, crossing certain lines out and making various adjustments until she was left with:

Dear Nicholas,
Will you be my Valentine?
June.

Before she allowed herself to change her mind, Juniper placed the note into a small envelope and licked it shut. Tomorrow she was going to give the note to Nicholas.


6 comments:

Paul said...

Hi

is there a way to contact you off-blog?

Luna Moony said...

Out of curiosity, how many peoples blogs do you go to and ask that question?

Paul said...

Your the first

sorry if i upset you or anything

Luna Moony said...

No no, you didn't upset me. How did you come across my blog? (I only wonder because I don't get a great deal of readers...)

Paul said...

was looking at Blogger.com profiles directory for Melbourne

was hoping to find someone from where i live to talk too - im bullied at school because of a medical problem and feel alone a lot

Luna Moony said...

ok, well I see no harm in giving you my email address, so you can talk to me if you want:
all_you_need_is_love_736@hotmail.com